::Feel free to contact Mervyn Osborne for more information on this ministry at 082 970 1518::
Iron Men Mission Statement
What is our objective?
1. To equip members of Christ’s church, for the work of service, to build up the body of Christ, aiming to attain a unity of faith, a knowledge of Christ, and a maturity which belongs to the fullness of Christ. Resulting in steadfastness and growing in all aspects of Christlikeness. So that we will not be swayed by false doctrine, trickery and deceitful scheme. But in love contribute to the growth of the body of Christ.
In this way also becoming better Husbands, Fathers and members of society.
How do we attain this?
1. By Becoming servants to the church.
2. By gaining a better understanding and comprehension of sermons
3. By developing skills to interpret scripture
4. By learning how to think biblically, all the time
5. By learning how to teach, learn to catch a fish, so that we can feed or families, church members and society.
"12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; 15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love" (Ephesians 4:12-16).
The guys are currently working through the book of Ephesians, getting it straight from the source!
Iron Men, take a look at this link Dr. John MacArthur on the Baptism of the Spirit
Previous study at Iron Men: The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit by R.A. Torrey
Do you know the Holy Spirit as "an ever-present, loving Friend and mighty Helper?" You should! Join us on Friday morning to find out more...
Previous study at Iron Men: Fireproof your Life, a book by Michael Catt based on the movie "Fireproof".
We all experience spiritual dry spells when the flames of tragedy, loss, and grief blight our inner landscape. How can you conquer life's fires? Discussing issues such as marriage, temptation, and financial concerns, Catt shares eight ways you can stand firm in Christ. Discover how hardships can help you survive the blaze of life's trials!
Join us on Friday mornings for an edifying time around coffee and the Word...